Monday, July 30, 2012

Squashed




Here's another delicious way to use all of that squash your co-workers keep bringing to the office... 

Roasted Patty Pan Squash with Maple Ginger Sausage

6 patty pan squash
2 tbsp olive oil
1 tsp sea salt
1/2 tsp fresh ground pepper
2 tbsp fresh chopped thyme or marjoram
1/8 cup chopped onion (or more if you like)
1/2 cup freshly cooked corn off the cob
1 cup shredded asiago cheese
1 Gunpowder Bison maple + ginger sausage - cut into 1/8" slices

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

Cut patty pan squash into 1/2" thick slices and place on sheet pan.
Top with all ingredients with slices of sausage on top.
Place in oven and cook for 10-15 minutes or until cheese is melted.

I've done this recipe with maple ginger sausage and also with bacon. I preferred the sweeter taste with the sausage.














You can always do this with zucchini and yellow squash, too, depending on their size.

Want more summer squash recipes? Check out these from the kitchn.


3 comments:

  1. I actually bought patty pan squash so I could specifically make this for my family this week. I can't wait! Looks fabulous! Thanks for the suggestion Amy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have done something very similair with out the meat on it. My kids love them. Don't tell them what it is!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amy
    I made this tonight with several alterations and it was delicious! Since I am vegetarian, I used the Morningstar veggie sausage but added some real maple syrup into the mixture. Didn't have asiago cheese in the fridge, so I substituted mozzarella/parmesan. Still really good... and different from how I normally stirfry squash.
    Thanks, hon!
    Sarah

    ReplyDelete