Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Ready, set, Gojee!

In a past life, I worked at the Baltimore Museum of Art. I loved working amidst amazing old masterpieces, contemporary art and everything in between. One of the huge perks of my job was the behind-the-scenes sort of access which comes from a private curator-led tour. I always felt so cool and 'in the know", learning from the people who put the show together. I loved hearing their insights on how and why they selected certain pieces and how it all worked together. 

When I first started cooking, I'd visit sites like My Recipes, All Recipes and other big websites filled with user generated content. The sheer number of chili recipes, for example, can be quite overwhelming - and don't get me started on lasagna. And ratings or not, how do you really know if that "Katie's Heavenly Chocolate Cake" will live up to the name. Sometimes the recipes on those big sites were good...but the time spent searching for them was just too precious to me. Don't you have better things to do than scroll through hundreds and hundreds of pie recipes?

Enter Gojee...a recipe site that is actually curated, meaning that not all recipes make the cut. You can search for recipes by ingredient, either via ‘cravings’ or by one key ingredient you might have in your pantry. You can also add your dislikes and allergies, which is a great time saver. What you get is a very manageable list of recipes. Gorgeous photos, too.

So, say I have a butternut squash staring at me from the kitchen counter or maybe soba noodles in the pantry that I bought on a whim at H Mart. (Both true for me right this minute.) I simply put that in the crave section...and get hand-picked recipes from great bloggers like Food 52, Eat Boutique, Sassy Radish and tons more.

Here are a few dishes I've made from Gojee (the photos are from the site, not by me):

Soba Noodle and Warm Vegetable Salad





















Butternut Squash Risotto with Sage and Saffron



Chicken Soupy Stew















The editors of this beautiful and succinct cooking website are much like the curators at the BMA...only with food. It's pretty amazing.

Search, cook, eat.

p.s. Gojee has a Drinks site, too!

No comments:

Post a Comment